Yes Watch has been making unusual watches since 1999 and has just brought out its latest model, the YES V7. It’s the most complex and comprehensive timepiece the company has ever created, built upon the designs that have preceded it. Like its earlier models, the watch provides an excellent value for those utilizing its unique capabilities.
The design of the YES watch dials are based around a large LCD digital display with a superimposed moving 24 hour hand that circles the dial once a day to provide an analog representation of the time using a 24-hour scale on the bezel. An unusually complex LCD dial displays a plethora of functions, all visible at a single glance, including time, sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset for your local or any of the other 650 cities. As most of us are aware, sunrise and sunset vary widely, even in the same time zone, and is required information for outdoor sportsman, astronomers, and many others. Side pushers allow you to toggle through other functions and settings.
Here is a partial list of functions and features:
- Times for sunrise, zenith, sunset, twilight (all 3 levels) and true midnight.
- Sunrise and sunset alarm with 0-99 minutes pre-alarm.
- Equinox, solstice and cross quarter day alerts with event times.
- Times for moonrise, moonset, moon phase, % illumination plus exact time and date for the next new and full moons.
- LCD ARC day/night display with twilight.
- HRS:MIN:SEC in AM/PM or 2400 format.
- Month, date, day, year and DOY.
- Regular set alarm with 10 minute snooze, 99 minute timer, top of the hour alarm with user choice of active range and 999 day countdown/up.
- 24 hour stop with with lap time and memory measured in 1/100 of a second.
- Electronic compass with NSEW direction and degree readout.
- 7 languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Norwegian, Italian and Portuguese.
- Rechargeable battery via Clip 2.0 charging. 3 months plus of operation on one full night of charging with a battery life of 5 years plus. The battery can be replaced.
- Crisp night time viewing provided by 24+1 tritium tubes on dial+hand coupled with the electroluminescent back light.
- Unique software time trim allows for adjusting the watch to a +/-0.5 second monthly accuracy.
- Ronda Swiss Made servo driven 24-hour analog hand.
- 46x16mm case, 22 mm lug nut width, adjustable locking clasp on titanium bracelets.
- Titanium case construction with scratch proof sapphire crystal to 10 ATM water resistance.
- Your choice of bezel design, color, finish, bracelet and soft straps.
- Comes in a sturdy box made for worldwide shipping. Instruction Manual and jewelers tools included.
- Two Year Warranty.
The watch case if made of brushed titanium and is available in a number of different bands. The watch retails for $800 to $1000, but is available at 33% off if purchased through their ongoing Indiegogo campaign.
I’ve owned one of the earlier model and found it great for world travel, and using it to become more aware of daylight and nighttime hours. All their timepieces are well made and a very good value considering its capabilities and build quality. The latest model is the first with a rechargeable battery. Probably its biggest accomplishment is the software that allows all of the information that’s unique to each city to be effortlessly displayed. In spite of all of the functions, it’s easy to use and comes with very well-written instructions.
There is no other watch that I am aware of that provides all of these functions. Its main competitor is more likely a series of apps for a smart phone. YES timepieces are focused on the original vision of what the watch was originally intended to be when it was first invented: to provide information about time and all of the variables that define each day. Some of the most prestigious Swiss mechanical watch companies have attempted for centuries to display sunrise and sunset and phases of the moon on a mechanical dial. Those watches cost a fortune and only worked accurately for one city. Digital technology and a clever design now make all this information available at a single glance.